21/07/2023

irRESISTible blooms - a set of cards


Hi there! It's Friday and video time! This time I made a couple of cards that are just irresistible! ...well, that's supposed to be a pun as I used resist technique in these. Two to be precise. I used embossing resist for the flowers and crayon resist for the backgrounds.

You might remember how I mentioned earlier, that I used the left overs for an art journal spread (link)? It makes sense now, doesn't it? I mean, for once I didn't do a mixed media background as the bottom layer, but more like a layered element as I cut the bigger paper into circles and used those to back the flowers.


As you can see and hear from the video below, I went with my favorite color combo for a while now - blue and brown. They create the most beautiful green together, too! To see how I made the cards, please see the process video embedded below.


I made a trio of cards, all with the similar elements but a bit different composition. Which one is your favorite? I think my personal favorite is the one with the peony looking flower and a blue tiny circle. You can see the picture of the card underneath the materials.

Thank you so much for stopping by today! Wishing you a wonderful weekend!


Materials:

PaperArtsy - Eclectica3 Scrapcosy ESC23 stamp set
Ranger - Distress Ink Uncharted Mariner, Chipped Sapphire, Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge, Vintage Photo
Sizzix - Framelits die set Circles
Tsukineko - VersaMark
Ranger - Embossing powder White
PaperArtsy - Fresco Finish acrylic paint Little Black Dress
Fabriano Accademia 160 g cardstock
white oil pastel
colored cardstock
double sided tape, foam tape
paper trimmer












No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...