20/07/2023

Mrs. Kraai, the doctor's wife - PaperArtsy


Yesterday you got to meet Mr. Kraai and today I have his wife to show, Mrs. Kraai. Like I mentioned yesterday, they both are made for PaperArtsy and you can see the original post here (link) at PaperArtsy's blog.

Yesterday I also wrote how I saw the crow character immediately. I then wanted to make another one, too, but for her my jumping off point was color. As the crow character was totally black, I wanted a bird that was at least somewhat black, too, but had another shaped head. First one to pop into my head was a great tit and I went with that. Could you guess her species? The coloring is quite delicate, so you might have missed it.


I enjoyed this art doll project so much! When I was studying in Turku Polytechnic, I had one class about different theater dolls and during that course I did a marionette. Even if the construction is much simpler in these, it's fun to see how far I've become when it comes to the shape and character. These two birds sparked something inside me and I intend to make more of these in the future. Maybe it's even connected to the story part that started to evolve in my head - I love to conjure stories! Maybe I'll make them some relatives next, or who knows, maybe a whole family tree!

Again, if you want to see the process more in a step by step form, please visit PaperArtsy blog (link). You can find a bit more info about the materials there, too.

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a fabulous Thursday!


Materials: PaperArtsy, Fimo by Staedler, Tsukineko, GelliArts







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...