23/06/2023

Midsummer sorcery - a canvas


Happy Midsummer Eve!

Remember this canvas (link)? Or maybe this one (link)? Yes, they both look almost the same and even have the same name. The latter link is to the workshop sample and the other to a version I made while teaching the workshop at Ikaalinen. I kept the same workshop in Turku as well, but this time I altered the look when I got home. 

As you can see, the composition is more or less the same than in the previous versions, but this time I changed the colors. During the workshop at Klemmarikellari I used the same patina color scheme as the two previous ones, but when at home I decided to alter the look a bit. I kept the patina look in the frame part but added more shine and sparkle to the middle by using a glitter paste and some metallic paints. The skull I painted with copper tone and then rubbed almost all of it off so the look is leathery or old bone. 

With this piece I want to wish you a merry Midsummer Eve! I thought this project fits the magical qualities of the celebration. At least here in Finland there's all sorts of spells and sorcery you can perform during this particular time. Like if you gather seven different flowers and go over seven fences in silence and then place the flowers under your pillow, you'll dream about your future partner. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Have a magical weekend! 


Materials: Sizzix, Prima Marketing, PaperArtsy



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...