11/11/2022

The world full of wonder - an art journal spread


Moikka moi! It's again Friday and that means a new process video on my YouTube channel. As always, I'm also including that to this post. This time I made an art journal spread using some printables. I hope you like it! 

Some time ago, Kate from Katecrafts asked if I'd like to do something with her Etsy shops printables (link) and kindly gave me access to them. Out of this came several projects which I'm gradually blogging. In this spread I used printables for the background and embellishments, but added some mixed media touches and other elements, too. If you want to see how the spread came to be, please see the video below.


As you could see from the video, I mixed some printables to the background. If my memory serves me correctly, they were from the same set, but the mushrooms I used as focal points were from another. Our printer is quite touchy so it's usually best to print to regular paper and then make it sturdier by mounting it to a piece of cardstock. I've never have had a good result with our printer when trying to print to cardstock straight away. But, just remember that's an option too!

I didn't add much details under the mushrooms, just a small swirl of moss green thread to imitate the forest floor. And of course I needed to add some Tim Holtz paperdolls, too. The little boys seemed fun, like little gnomes or fairies. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a happy weekend! Stay safe everyone! Oh, and remember the FB live tomorrow!


Materials: KateCraftsStore, Tim Holtz, Ranger, PaperArtsy, Prima Marketing





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...