01/02/2021

Shrink plastic earrings - GDT Nathalie Kalbach

 

Happy Monday! Today I'm sharing a guest project. These earrings were made as a guest for Nathalie Kalbach. You can see the original post here (link) at Nathalie's blog. I actually made a couple of projects so you'll see a couple more during the next weeks. 

As my first go I made some jewelry pieces. I really love the patterns of the foam stamps and love how satisfying it is to stamp with them, but on their own they are maybe a touch too big to be used as jewelry. As a pendant, maybe, but as I’m more into earrings the images seemed a bit too big. But no worries, I can always use shrink plastic! That way I’m getting the pattern and the feel of the foam stamp, but the finished piece is half the size! So satisfying! 


For these three pairs of earrings, I used both white and black shrink plastic. I used acrylic paint to stamp the images and then colored them using alcohol and paint markers. The first pair is made using both the “Groove Street” and the “Fairview Fan” stamp set. The circular piece has an earring stud at the back. The dangly parts are made using both positive and negative version of the fan stamp set. To make the center fan a little bit longer than the other two I added a red glass bead between the circle and the fan. 


The second pair has even more glass beads as there’s just the fans that are stamped. Again, there’s a stud piece at the back. The last, but not least, is maybe my favorite. I made that using the “Groove Street” stamp, just alternated the color I was using on top of black shrink plastic. The first one is done with inky blue metallic acrylic paint, the second one pale blue metallic acrylic and the one nearest to the ear is then white acrylic paint. These dangle all the way as I added a stud earring with a little ring on top. 

I’m not a jewelry maker but these were so easy to do even I managed them! Now the only trouble is to decide which pair to use! 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a fun, artsy week! 


Materials: 

CCHobby: Shrink plastic in white and black
CCHobby: Stud earring parts + loops + pins
Prima Marketing: Heavy gesso black + white 
Prima Marketing: Art Alchemy acrylic paint Metallique Ice Queen, Midnight Sky
Sizzix: alcohol markers
Posca: paint markers 
Glass beads 
Super glue






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...