02/02/2021

Dare to Play - Finnabair Brand Ambassador post


Happy Tuesday! Today I'm sharing my project for the January Finnabair Brand Ambassador Spotlight. You can see the original post here (link). This time it was my turn to be the host. The post was for January, start of a new year, a time full of new beginnings and plans for the new year. I was drawing inspiration from all that and chose the theme for the Ambassador January post to be “try something new”. It might be a new product, a new technique, or a new way to use an old medium or a tool. Like if you use the pointy end of your paint brush to draw or scratch. Or have just seen a cool new way to use acrylic paints. Try something new and then go from there! 


I tried not only one but actually two new things in these tags I made. I started by making a couple of monoprints with a gelatine printing plate. Well, that’s something I’ve done before but this time I did it differently, following the way Jackie Jimerson makes her prints - making slow layers and letting the paint dry completely between the layers before brayering a fresh layer of paint in the end and releasing the whole thing. You can see her technique for example here (link)

Once I had my two prints done, I used those as my background pieces for two tags. The other new thing was the new effect pastes. These two tags were the first ones I tried the “Mermaid” and “Pixie” on to! I went just with plain stenciling with those but even that made me realize some of their qualities – like the beautiful shine and the wide variety of different sized mica pieces and glitter in them. 

If you want to see how I assembled the tags, please see the process video I recorded for you! 


I hope you feel inspired to try something new, too! And please remember that when trying new things, you don’t have to end up with a masterpiece. You can start with the new thing, like I did, and add layers until you are happy with the finished piece! Or you can just play around, dip your fingers to a jar of paint and enjoy yourself. 

Wishing you a creative week! Thank you for stopping by today! 

  



Materials: Prima Marketing, Ranger, Sinelli, StencilGirl








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...