20/09/2024

Margaret, Louise and Sheryll - an art journal spread


Moikka moi! This Friday it's an art journal kind of process video! This spread had a couple of inspiration sources, one of them being putting cut items to use. The other was that wonderful group of ladies. 

Last Friday I made a pair of cards and die cut circles out of a patterned paper. I then stashed the left over - or in all honesty, was going to, but instead thought to use it immediately. I used that as the top part of the background and covered the bottom part with strips. On top I then layered acrylic paint and inks, using them like watercolors. 

When I had the background done, it was time to concentrate on the layers coming on top. I first die cut a bunch of little houses and painted them with acrylics. I used the same inks I used in the background to turn them a bit weathered, then. The focal elements are mainly from Tim Holtz Idea-ology. The car and the group of ladies made me conjure a story of these ground breaking mechanics, who opened the first garage in their part of town. That's why I added the gauges around the spread and tried to choose the little labels also fitting to the theme. 

As always, you can see the process video here (link) on my YouTube channel.

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a fabulous Friday and weekend!


Materials:

Fabriano - Accademia 160g cardstock
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Backdrops volume 4 #TH94308
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Collage Strips #TH94328
PaperArtsy - Fresco Finish acrylic paint Chantilly, Sand, Blah Mange, Butter
Stampers Anonymous - Brush Arch stencil THS168
Stampers Anonymous - Sticks stencil THS172
Sizzix - Thinlits Ghost Town die set 664194
Ranger - Distress Ink Vintage Photo, Scorched Timber
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Paper Dolls Poses #TH94376
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Layers Photo Studio #TH94374
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Gauge Dials #TH94225
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Snippets ephemera pack Number strips #TH94222
Ranger - Adirondack alcohol ink Butterscotch, Rust
clear tape, washi tape
art journal
craft glue, foam tape, double sided tape
scissors, brushes, sponge, paper cutter







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...