28/06/2024

Your flight, my heart's laughter - an art journal spread


Moikka! It's the last Friday of June and that means last video of June. Last week I had a break because of the Midsummer, but this week I'm back on track with the posts. 

This time I made an art journal spread, as you can see. The main elements in the spread are something I've received in ATC swaps. I added some other details here and there, too, but the vintage ephemera is all received. You can see the process video for this spread here (link) on my YouTube channel.

I made the spread before I then googled this princess. I thought her living a sheltered life, like a gilded cage and that she liked to watch the birds in the palace yard, longing to be as free. Thus I made the journaling "Your flight, my heart's laughter". If you want to know the historical facts about her, you can read about her here (link) in Wikipedia page.

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a beautiful Friday and lovely weekend!


Materials:

received paper ephemera from an ATC swap
A.B.Studio - Sewing Bazaar sheet 3 "Back to sewing" 12x12
Prima Marketing - Art Basics Gesso Clear
Prima Marketing - Art Basics Heavy Gesso White
Prima Marketing - Finnabair rub on transfer pack Boho Skull
Ranger - Archival Ink Jet Black
Prima Marketing - Finnabair clear stamp Gothic Book
Ranger - Distress Ink Vintage Photo, Saltwater Taffy
PaperArtsy - PS226 stencil
A.B.Studio - Paradise Lost sheet 12 "Letter in a bottle" 12x12
Fabrika Decoru - Family Heritage sticker sheet
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Chitchat sticker book TH92998
old buttons
craft glue, foam tape, double sided tape
scissors, paper cutter, stapler, brushes, inking tools, palette knife





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...