19/04/2024

Do all the good - an art journal spread


Hi there! It's Friday again and time for another video! This time I'm making an art journaling spread inspired by a canvas I did earlier. 

From the beginning of the year I started to try to grab some time to make fun things. I cut back my design assignments in order to have time for just to create. Some of that time I've been using to paint. This particular spread was inspired by one of the canvases. It was similar to this one I have blogged (link) with the exception of the texture. In the blogged version I was trying to make some quite dimensional texture, but in the inspiration one I just used modeling paste and a texture comb and made these circular shapes. I guess no one is surprised if I say the canvas was in teal, blue and hints of yellow turning to green - my go to palette.

With this spread I played with the idea turning an abstract painting into a background for my art journal and then adding something depictive on top. I'm not totally sure I pulled it off, or if the character just seems to float on top of the background, but it was a fun thing to do. If you want to know how I did the spread, please see the process video below.


I've listed the materials underneath the next photo, if you want to check something out or re-create something similar. You can also find the materials list in the description box of the video.

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a wonderful weekend!


Materials: 

Finnabair art daily journal
Fabriano - Accademia 160g cardstock
Prima Marketing - Art Basics Modeling paste
PaperArtsy - Fresco Finish acrylic paint Snowflake, Baltic Blue, Blue Moon, Zesty Zing
PaperArtsy - W3 stamp set
Ranger - Archival Ink Jet Black
Posca - Uniposca marker PC-1M black, blue, PC-3M white, apricot, PC-5M aqua green
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Transparent things TH94241
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Paperdolls TH93555
A.B.Studio - Cream sheet 6 "Do what you want"
Ranger - Distress watercolor pencils set 1
Korttipaja - Sanasuikaleita #1
black buttons
double sided adhesive sheet, double sided tape, foam tape, craft glue
palette knife, paper cutter, scissors, brushes, circle ruler






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...