02/04/2024

Indigo stars - a painting


Moikka moi! Easter is now gone, chocolate eggs eaten but beautiful blooms still decorate the table. Today I have something different to share with you - an abstract painting. 

This is actually an experiment. The very tactile texture there on the left side of the piece is done using plaster gauze. I used gel medium to adhere that to the canvas base as I feared that the gypsum by itself would create enough adhesion. The more subtle texture is done using modeling paste. 

I like how the painting turned out but I'm especially pleased with the cloud-like transitions near the white circle. The other, bigger circle has silver leaf. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a sunny week!





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...