28/03/2024

Julia bunny - an art doll


It's Maundy Thursday and time to share the other Easter bunny. Yesterday I shared the matron, the mother and today I'm sharing the daughter bunny. 

Like I wrote yesterday, I sketched the two bunnies to have stylized epoch robes. The strict matron got a 16th century, Elizabethan inspired gown with darker tones, but the daughter has a lighter color scheme and look. When I say stylized epoch, I really mean _stylized_. It's more fantasy, but somehow this muddle of styles still echoes early Italian Renaissance to me and the other one reminds Elizabethan rigid court costume.  

Julia bunny has a ruff, like her mother, but her only decoration is the two bows on her sleeves. The mother (link), however, wears long gold chains around her neck and even a big drop-shaped pearl. I added hints of European hare coloration to Julia's head with the added darker areas. 


These dimensional dolls are quite tricky to photograph! In my opinion, they look better in real life than in photos. I'm planning on posting a couple of Reels about them on my Instagram, so maybe you'll get a better look that way.

I'm happy how the pair turned out, but still need practice in sculpting. Luckily, I already have a new idea for a doll and hope to start making her during summer vacation the latest! I first liked the matron bunny more and I like the jewelry pieces she has, but I also love the lightness of this Julia one. Which on of the two is your favorite - the mother or the daughter? 

Thank you for stopping by today and peaceful Easter time! 


Materials: Fimo, PaperArtsy



1 comment:

enkulin käsityöt said...

aivan ihana ja suloinen.
Ihanaa Pääsiäisen aikaa sinulle.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...