01/03/2024

Daffodil dream - an Easter card


Welcome March! I usually love February as it's a nice winter month with sunshine and glistening snow, but no such luck much this February! Hopefully March brings the spring like they say in a Finnish saying "maaliskuu maan näyttää" - translated "March shows the ground" signaling the melting snow and start of the planting and sowing.

Last Friday I shared the last video of February, an Easter card duo, and today I have another Easter card! Where the duo was laying quite flat, this one has enough dimension for a couple of makes! If I remember my thought process correctly, I first thought to use the rosette in a different way and thought about what I could use it for in a cylindrical form. The Easter nearing made me ponder if I could use that as the center of a daffodil and as you can see, I could. If you want to see how I made not only the daffodil but the whole card, please see the process video below.


I guess it's the melting snow and overall dampness of spring that makes me grab the watercolors more! Or just another phase, but I think that the change in the preferred medium is a yearly thing. Here I used the watercolors to make the background pattern for the card and also added some visual texture to the daffodil petals using those. 

Have you noticed a link between seasons and your use of different mediums? Or is it always just phases without a yearly cycle?

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a wonderful March and weekend!


Materials:

Fabriano: Accademia 160g cardstock pack
Prima Marketing: Art Philosophy Confetti watercolor set
PaperArtsy: Eclectica EM89 stamp
Ranger: Archival Ink Jet Black
Ranger: Distress Ink Scorched Timber, Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey
Sizzix; Bigz Tree Rings, Mini die set 664232, Tattered Florals 656640
Sizzix: Thinlits Vault Rosettes die set 666567
Creative Company: Silk Clay black, Foam Clay white
stamen, twigs, sisal
white 220g cardstock
heavy body gel
double sided tape, foam tape, craft glue
scissors, stapler, inking tools, palette knife, ball point tools, paper cutter, brushes






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...