27/02/2024

Mortal Engines - PaperArtsy


Hello! Today I'm sharing my first PaperArtsy project of 2024! It's for the topic "Miniature" and I created a little world inside a mint tin. You can find the whole post here (link) at PaperArtsy blog.

Like I write in the post, the circle is now complete in a way as my very first blogging team project for PaperArtsy was an altered tin! I enjoy making these, but funnily enough, haven't done many in between so it was about time. In the PaperArtsy post you can see the making of the tin step by step, if you like. In there I also open my thought process more. Most of the time I create without thinking that much, or it's more of an intuitive process, but I love how the PaperArtsy posts challenge me to keep a track of my own thought process as it tells and teaches so much!  

I really like how the project turned out and how the whole process captured my imagination. It was also alluring to build the little city! Don't get me wrong, I do love the grungy and rusty key, too, right up to my alley, but the city started to feed my imagination immediately and stories started to appear. I haven't read the story about the huge moving cities, "Mortal Engines", but I've seen glimpses of the movie. Somehow the city depicted inside the tin started to remind me of the traction city London in the series. And if I recall correctly, they were trying to find a key of sorts in the story... I do love a good story and enjoy conjuring those when I create!

Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you visit PaperArtsy blog to read more about this project! 


Materials from PaperArtsy: 
Lynne Perrella stamp set LPC013
Fresco Finish acrylic paint Baltic Blue (FF07)
Vintage Lace (FF18) 
Chocolate Pudding (FF42)
Satin Glaze (FF23)
Infusions colored stains Just Walnut (CS25)

Other:
Ranger - Archival Ink Jet Black
Ranger - Distress Ink Chipped Sapphire, Vintage Photo
Ranger - Glossy Accents
Posca marker white and yellow
mint tin
wire
colored brush tip markers
sponge, brush
foam tape, craft glue, heavy body gel medium







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...