06/06/2023

Mother's Day cards


Hi there and happy new week! We celebrate Mother's Day in May here in Finland. Yes, I'm aware it's June already. I made these cards for my mother and my mother-in-law and didn't want to share them before the actual day so they would't see them and then they were left in the drafts for a while. But hey, if you see pass the wording, they could be birthday cards anyway! 


The cards are similar in construction but have different color schemes. I made the other in blue tones and other in orange and pink. The elements in the cards are from my stash of die cuts and ephemera. I have this drawer where I throw extra pieces I've cut out or stamped items or items I get in ATC swaps. I'm hoarding these treasures but not often use them. But it's a kind of running theme in this month to use those bibs and bobs! I made some tags earlier (link), then these cards and there's even a video coming (shush, it's a secret). 

I used simple mixed media in the background of the cards. It echos the tags (link) I made earlier. There's just some acrylic paints there, mixed on top of the surface and after drying then some stamping and doodles. Simple, but effective. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a lovely week!


Materials: PaperArtsy, A.B.Studio, Ranger, Korttipaja, Posca








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...