19/05/2023

Migratory birds - a set of ATCs


Tweet, tweet! The spring always means flocks of birds arriving to Finland. There's big migratory routes near my parent's place and it's always fun to watch different species arrive. An old Finnish saying mentions lark, finch, wagtail and sparrow as the heralds of summer. As the climate is getting warmer, there's more birds wintering also in Finland, but still I'm eager to see the flocks arrive. 

I used dies to create these ATCs inspired by the migratory birds. Although I have to say that the Finnish birds are hardly this colorful. I think the European goldfinch or the common kingfisher are the most colorful ones in here. But I wanted the birds to be a pop of color on top of a black and white background. You can see how I made the cards in the process video underneath. 


As you could see and hear from the video, the initial contrast between the background and foreground didn't work quite as planned. So, in order to highlight the birds a bit more I added some orange ink there. That seemed to make things a bit better, although thinking now maybe I should have used negative space around the birdies and concentrate the visual texture more to the sides and underneath the swirls. Oh well, next time! 

As always, should you want any of these, please send me an email or contact me via Instagram. I post anywhere in the world. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a great day and good start to the weekend! Remember the FB live tomorrow! 


Materials: 

A.B.Studio - ATC chipboard bases
PaperArtsy- Fresco Finish acrylic paint Snowflake, Midnight, China
PaperArtsy - TS065 stamp set
PaperArtsy - MN23 rubber stamp
Ranger - Distress collage medium
Ranger - Archival Ink Jet Black
Ranger - embossing powder gold
Ranger - Distress Ink Wild Honey
Sizzix - Thinlits die set Media Marks 664436
Sizzix - Texture Fades embossing folder Woven
Sizzix -  Thinlits die set Silhouette Birds 665861 
Sizzix - Thinlits die set Adorned 664176 
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Chitchat sticker book (TH92998)
Wennström - Oil pastels
Tsukineko - VersaMark ink pad
black cardstock








1 comment:

Armiida said...

Wau! Niin hienoja.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...