14/04/2023

Peace on Earth - a set of cards


Hi there and happy Friday! Last Friday was the Good Friday and there was no process video published, but today there's a new video again. This time it's a set of cards.

Some time ago a Finnish craft shop posted about some Christmas collections they just had received. Yes, Christmas in March or maybe it was February. The brand in question was Fabrika Decoru, an Ukrainian company. I was so inspired by that post and her willingness to help the brand in the mid of it all that I put in an order for those Christmas things - now I have stuff ready for the next December and my Christmas album! While shopping, I also saw these gorgeous die cuts, inspired by Ukraine and wanted to do something with them. So, into the shopping basket they went and here's the first craft with them. 

As you can see from the video below, I started with a black cardstock. That might be a bit shocking considering how bright and vibrant the embellishments are, but I thought they needed a bit of contrast and a grounding element. So, I patterned the cardstock with colors picked up from the embellishment palette and then added it behind that kraft colored stencil piece. To bring the colors to the foreground, I added some tapes and paints underneath the flowers. 


I hope you like the cards and find them inspirational. Oh, one more tip! I used a Christmas sticker pad for the sentiments! The particular pad does have some "Christmas cheer" ones also in it, or equivalent, but there's also sayings that fit to occasions year round. Like the one I decided for the title of the video and post - peace on Earth. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a wonderful weekend! And please remember the Facebook live tomorrow evening (Finnish time). Hope to see you there!


Materials: 

Fabrika Decoru - Inspired by Ukraine die cuts
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Stencil cards
Ranger - Distress Oxide Uncharted Mariner, Abandoned Coral, Fossilized Amber
PaperArtsy - Fresco Finish acrylic paint Summer Sky, London Buss, Butter
washi tape
white cotton tape
black and white cardstock



















No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...