28/09/2022

Lace-clad lady 1 - PaperArtsy


Hiya! How are you doing? It's been a bit whirlwind here again, daily work-wise, but I just need to share these lace ladies with you! Yes, ladies - I'm sharing the first one today and the second one tomorrow. You can see a glimpse of her on the photo underneath. 

Both of these ladies are done for PaperArtsy in the blog topic 13 "Fabric". You can see the original blog post here (link). There's a step by step tutorial for these pieces.


You might already know or remember that I used to work in the wardrobe department of theaters. I started in a smaller summer theater and after graduation worked several years in Finnish National Opera and Helsinki City Theatre. Maybe because of that, or even my childhood crafts, I love fabrics and in recent years have explored adding fabric elements to my mixed media. I've even done a video series with some ideas using the "Sewing Basket Treasures" (link).

My idea for these collages was to use fabric in a couple of ways. I originally thought to make an art journal page or two, but then couldn't bring myself to trim the background smaller to fit inside my journal. So instead I got two framed collages pieces!

There's fabric in two ways in these pieces. I added little pieces of various fabrics to the background but mainly added some textile texture to the frill dresses of the ladies. Again. if you want to see more of a step-by-step take on these, please visit the PaperArtsy blog (link)

Thank you for stopping by today! Have a frilly day!


Materials: PaperArtsy, Ranger




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...