25/07/2022

Roots in Finland - an art journal page


Hi there! Today I'm sharing an art journal page with a Finnish flair. The idea behind this was the Finnish immigrants. There's even a saying in Finnish about "inheritance from an American cousin" - meaning a sudden inheritance, something unexpected. 

I used Korttipaja's Finland set for the page. The sayings are from the stamp set and the outline of the country is cut using a thin die. I cut the country from a map page to add something extra to it. I also used the stamps to add texture to the background, not that it's that well seen anymore because of the layers on top.

The background is done using Fresco Finish acrylic paints and Distress Oxides. I might have thrown some Infusions in the mix as well.

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a lovely start to the week!


Materials: PaperArtsy, Ranger, Tim Holtz, Korttipaja, Posca




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...