01/07/2022

In This Moment - an assemblage


Heippa! You know what day it is today? It's July 1st and a Friday, which means another process video on my YouTube channel! This time I made a beachy project using some Fox and Found Studio printables Katy gifted me. 

Our printer is a bit sensitive thing so usually the best result comes with regular paper. However, that 80g paper is often too flimsy for layering with dimension. Luckily there's an easy fix to that - mounting the sheet on top of cardstock before cutting the shapes loose! With a more robust printer you could insert the cardstock already to the machine, but every time I've tried that with ours, changing all the settings to correspond the cardstock, the look of the print ain't as nice as with just paper. So, I stick to my double sided sheets including technique for now!


As you could see from the video, I started the project with some sand and added more grainy sand-like effects later on. There's not that much mixed media in the piece, like numerous paints and things, but I think this one doesn't need it. Just enough touches to capture the beach "sand between your toes" feeling, right? 

Thank you for stopping by today! Have a great weekend - maybe spend that in a beach! Stay safe everyone!


Fox and Found printables used:



Materials: Fox and Found Studio, Prima Marketing, Ranger





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...