15/06/2022

Seeking, finding and being true - Art Daily Cafe


Hi there! Today I'm sharing my take on this month’s Art Daily Cafe theme and color palette. You can see the theme announcement post here (link).

I was first playing with the idea of doing an altered book cover or book but went with an art journal spread instead. I’ve somehow decided that Art Daily projects should usually be a journal project. Maybe because of the original product line and the fact that journal projects are doable everyday things unlike bigger altered pieces, perhaps?


“Don’t judge a book by its cover” – such an important phrase. We often jump to conclusions based on appearances and our preconceptions. But, I took a bit a different route of self-knowledge. If you’re confident, you might not mind what others think of you (judging you by your cover), but you still should know yourself. And that’s the hard part. We can be so blind to ourselves, too. Maybe we judge ourselves too easily, too? So, I went with that angle, knowing your “inner pages” and not just the cover and used some text stickers to write “Seeking yourself, find yourself, be true to yourself” to my art journal spread.

I loved this color combo of old paper beige, darker, chocolaty brown and pale blue! I brought the light beige tones to the page with patterned paper but also with used tea bags. The dark brown is actually pieces of product packaging that happened to fit the color scheme perfectly. And the pale blue is a chalk-like acrylic paint which I used to the background as well as to color the chipboards. I added some white to the mix to lighten the spread.

Thank you for stopping by today! Stay safe everyone!


Materials: Prima Marketing, Tim Holtz, PaperArtsy, Posca





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...