31/05/2022

Tribe's Eldest - Finnabair Brand Ambassador


Moikka! Today I'm sharing my take on May's Finnabair Brand Ambassador post theme. You can see the post here (link) with gorgeous projects from several Finnabair Brand Ambassadors. The topic was "me, myself and I", a self-portrait. 

When my husband saw this, he asked if that’s a shaman or the eldest of a tribe. Well… I know the topic was self-portrait, but this was the piece that I saw in my mind’s eye after pondering about the theme.


Obviously, I wanted to do something different from my usual pieces. No canvas, no assemblage. Instead I made a little statue. To be honest, I thought to add some Mechanicals to her cape but after adding the patina with the waxes, I decided against it. I liked the clean lines with a hint of pattern and texture.

The body as well as the head and arms are done using air drying clay. I used a black or rather a dark grey version, but painted the head and body with black gesso afterwards. The hands are painted using white gesso. The patina on her cape is made using Matte waxes, Charcoal Black and Stained Wood.

While the outside of the statuette is mat and a bit worn looking, the inside is all shine and sparkle. The black cape has a midnight blue lining guarding a flaming red heart. I hung the heart to the left side of the head as it’s said that heart is on the left. The heart is made by adhering two hearts from “Tin Hearts” together with a piece of wire embedded in the adhesive as well.

Oh, that ruffle. If you’ve been following me some time, I guess you know that I love black tea. Especially Earl Grey. The ruffle of the character is made out of dried teabags, stitching them together and pulling the twine tight.

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a lovely Tuesday!



Materials: Prima Marketing, Sinelli




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...