28/02/2022

A Flower of Snow - Finnabair Brand Ambassador



Hi there! It's funny how it can be spring and winter at the same time. The increase of light definitely says "spring" but there's still more snow coming so that's "winter"! Here's a little something that fits the both as well, a little flower pushing from the snow. It's done for Finnabair's Brand Ambassadors post, or rather, with the theme of it.

The “let it snow” theme made me think about snow globes. It totally snows inside them! So, when I stumbled upon tiny empty snow globe shapes in a craft store, I thought to make one for this theme. Instead of adding water inside, I used the snow globe more like a bell jar to hold a winter flower inside.

The flower on the other hand is made using Finnabair Mechanicals. I threaded some wire though one of the bigger flowers and added a pearl inside to keep the wire in place. I then used the ferns to add some leaves to the piece and a couple more pearls to build some buds. To have the flowers rise from the snow, I added some white gesso to the base and while it was still wet, I then sprinkled some beads on top to make a crystal crust.

As for the technique of dry brushing, I added some gesso both to the flower inside the globe as well as to the decorations on top. I really like how it highlights the texture of the metal leaves and flowers!

Thank you so much for stopping by today! Keep safe! 


Materials:

Art Basics Heavy Body Gel
Mechanicals Mini Flowers
Mechanicals Mini Brads
Art Ingredients Glass Glitter Copper
Art Ingredients Glass Beads Crystal 3 mm
Art Ingredients Ebony and Ivory glitter set



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...