28/01/2022

King and Queen of Diamonds - a pair of mixed media tags


Hello again! Today it's Friday and you know what that means! A new process video! This time I'm making two tags with a similar theme. These tags were inspired by playing cards, A.B.Studio "Follow the Rabbit" collection and a fellow Finnabair Brand Ambassador, Nuneka. 

I grabbed the playing cards as my jumping off point and wanted to do something with those. I then came to think about the fantastic tags Nuneka makes and decided to highlight a suit. I didn't want to use hearts and as this time the red suits spoke more to me than black ones, I then chose diamonds. 


I made ornate backgrounds for the tags using different red and black mediums. I also layered two different stencil designs on top of each other - some gears and some wallpaper motif. Then on top I included the playing cards - king for king and queen for queen. I also made big diamonds underneath to show the suit better.

The royals of course needed crowns and scepters, signs of power. The scepters are made of decorative pins, while crowns I made out of colored cardstock. If you wish to see how these came to life, please see my video below!


Thank you for your visit today! Wishing you a lovely weekend!


Materials: Prima Marketing, Paper Garden, Ranger, Aladine, P.M. artist studio, Tim Holtz








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...