15/11/2021

Nevermore Poe - a set of ATCs


"-- Then the bird said 'Nevermore.'" If you have followed my blog for a time, you surely know by now that I love ravens and crows. There's something captivating about these monochrome birds. So, when I saw the new Carabelle Studio collection had a set with two such birds, I needed to make an order. These ATCs, inspired by Edgar Allan Poe's poem, are my first go with them.

In the poem the raven keeps repeating "Nevermore", so I cut the word into to and divided it to my two cards. Now the other card is "Never" and the other "More". Changes the meaning quite a lot, doesn't it?

To keep with the eerie, Halloween styled atmosphere I used the new Ranger Distress color "Villainous Potion" in these. The background is inked using the Distress Ink and the darker sun ray styled pattern on top is done using the embossing glaze. The ravens are colored using watercolor pens and white and golden markings are made using a Posca paint marker.

Thank you for stopping by today! Have a great start to the new week!


Materials: Carabelle Studio, Ranger, Posca, 7 Dots Studio, Tape Garden



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...