17/11/2021

Flowery Wonderful - November Trio DAY 1


Hello there and welcome to November Trio! This month there's a little twist in these Trios. But what are Trios? Trios are posts that I started while I was a member of the Seth Apter Creative Team. I enjoyed making a series of three posts so much, that I decided to continue them at least for a while. If you want to see the older Seth Trios, you can find them under this label (link). The Trio posts usually had a topic, or a product, to which I concentrated, like Izink ICE (link). Or I could challenge myself with limited supplies (link) or use one source of inspiration for three pieces, like I did with "Mothers of Kalevala" (link). In a way they are extended versions of the "Inspired By" posts we used to make together with Marsha Valk. You can explore those posts under this label (link).

This month the Trio is done in co-operation with Heidin Korttipaja (link) - a Finnish online store. Korttipaja has own stamp and die sets with phrases in Finnish for different situations. I received the stamp and die sets used in these projects and decided to make a Trio to show them off. During the three days I make two cards and an art journal page using the stamps different ways.

As Korttipaja is a Finnish company, the videos are spoken in Finnish this time. But the subtitles are written in English and I also talk a few words in English in each one. Naturally you can ask questions in English if you need more info! These posts, however, I decided to write in English as I've been blogging in English for such a long time now.


This first card is somewhat summer-like. It's a birthday card, with the phrase "Ihanaa ja onnellista juhlapäivää" meaning freely translated "(Have a) Wonderful and happy celebration". As you can see, the sentiment is stamped inside the card but one word shows through to the front as I cut an opening there. I thought this might be an idea you haven't tried before! Having a sentiment stamp and a matching die makes this really easy! You just find the right place and run the card through the die cutting machine and then align the stamp perfectly. 


As you can see from the video, I used just markers from a regular craft store to color these blooms. I used to have a big selection of Copics, but nowadays I color the stamped images so seldom, these water-based markers will work just fine. My daughter enjoys the alcohol markers more than me these days. To keep the colors all matching I used the same markers to make the splashes. I colored to a piece of plastic and then picked up the color with a wet brush. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Please let me know if you have any questions! Hope to see you tomorrow!


Materials used: 
(links to Heidin Korttipaja shop - linkit Heidin Korttipaja -kauppaan)


Stampers Anonymous Floral Outlines
Ranger: Distress Archival Ink Black Soot
markers 


Materials: Heidin Korttipaja, Ranger, Stampers Anonymous, Sinelli



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...