18/11/2021

Christmas Flowers - November Trio DAY 2


Moikka moi! It's the second post of November Trio! But what are Trios? Trios are posts that I started while I was a member of the Seth Apter Creative Team. I enjoyed making a series of three posts so much, that I decided to continue them at least for a while. If you want to see the older Seth Trios, you can find them under this label (link). The Trio posts usually had a topic, or a product, to which I concentrated, like Izink ICE (link). Or I could challenge myself with limited supplies (link) or use one source of inspiration for three pieces, like I did with "Mothers of Kalevala" (link). In a way they are extended versions of the "Inspired By" posts we used to make together with Marsha Valk. You can explore those posts under this label (link).

This month the Trio is done in co-operation with Heidin Korttipaja (link) - a Finnish online store. Korttipaja has own stamp and die sets with phrases in Finnish for different situations. I received the stamp and die sets used in these projects and decided to make a Trio to show them off. During the three days I make two cards and an art journal page using the stamps different ways. As Korttipaja is a Finnish company, the videos are spoken in Finnish this time. But the subtitles are written in English so you can still follow the process.


I promised you two cards and an art journal page during this Trio. Yesterday I shared quite a summery card with the florals on the cover. Today I'm using the same floral stamp, but this time it's like icy, frozen flowers! I'm actually using this Stampers Anonymous stamp set in each of the three makes as well as the sentiment stamps from Korttipaja. 

This card is a bit more traditional when it comes to the use of the sentiment and matching dies. I stamped the words with the same inks I have going in the card otherwise, too, and then cut it out and mounted on top of the cluster. But I hope the background and coloring of the flowers gives you ideas and maybe something new! 


As you could see from the video, this time I color the flowers totally different way than in the first. Whereas in the first I used multiple colors and carefully colored each flower, this time I'm doing it all in once! After adding a "smudged" color layer throughout the bouquet, I then add some shadow here and there to define the shape more. 

To give the card more of a winter and mixed media vibe, I added some gauze to the background. As it's such a light element, I could use just gesso and Aladine Izink ICE to adhere it as well add some shine and sturdiness to it.

Thank you for stopping by today! I'm hoping I'm seeing you tomorrow, too, when it's the third and final project of this series!



Materials: Heidin Korttipaja, Ranger, Stampers Anonymous, Tsukineko, Sizzix, Prima Marketing, Aladine


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...