01/10/2021

Natura ex Machina - an assemblage


It's Fri-yay and also the first day of a new month! I think I might be saying this every second month, but the time does fly! Only yesterday it was summer and now we have had frost during the night. The days are getting shorter, the amount of light is diminishing and once green leaves are turning into fiery colors before becoming muddy colored. 

Today is also Friday which means a new process video. Lately I've been doing a lot of art journal pages and cards so this time I wanted something different. I wanted to make an assemblage or a canvas or a dimensional project - whatever you call it. I didn't have the theme, just a will to do one. But when I opened my drawer for dimensional pieces, the theme fell into my lap. On top of the drawer where these computer parts, two RAM memories and a hard drive, and next to them was a bag with dried orange slices. So I had the idea to combine the machine parts with natural elements - thus the name "natura ex machina", nature from a machine. 


Maybe it was the autumn in the air or then my love for the tea tones, that I chose to use a rusty color palette. Partly it had to do with the orange slices, though. I added similar colors to the composition, but I also dipped my fingers into rust paste jar.

Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you liked the video or even better, were inspired by it! Have a great weekend!


Materials: Prima Marketing, PaperArtsy






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...