06/08/2021

Tea Stained Wishes - mixed media cards

 

Hiya and good Friday! Are you ready for the weekend? I know I am! As it's Friday, that means a video to get those creative juices going! 

Last week I shared my first video with using Cricut Maker to make some of the elements and tools (link). This Friday is time for another one. I used the same design I made for the number stencil to cut chipboard pieces and used those as the background for my pieces. I also used the same thing, edited, to cut the backing pieces to the tags. This way the circles lined up perfectly. 


As you can see from the video below, I started by painting the chipboard pieces with white gesso. I didn't want a perfect solid coat, but a little paler surface with the original color showing in places. Grungy is good! On top I then added some stamping and then built the dimensional layers using sewn tea bags, paper flowers and some metal embellishments. I then added the coloring using watercolors and finally added a touch of white gesso on top - kind of bringing everything together as there's gesso underneath and on top. 


I hope you liked the video! Please let me know if you have any questions! 

Thank you for stopping by today! Have a great weekend!


Materials: Cricut, Ranger, PaperArtsy, Tim Holtz, Prima Marketing








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...