30/07/2021

This Very Moment - Adventure Awaits - an art journal page


Hi there and good Friday! It's video time again today! This time I made an art journal page but used something a bit different. There's different mediums in the page as well as layers and gel printing, but I also used something new in this make.

Some time ago I got a new creative tool, a Cricut Maker. I've just started to explore it and in this journal I used it for some elements. As you can see from the video below, I used Cricut to cut my own stencil first and then used the cut-outs as embellishments. I also made the focal point using the machine. Both the fairy and the crow are from a free cut file, which I altered to get a little crow rider. I didn't include the computer part to the video, so I'll just say what I did. Please let me know in the future, if you wan't to see the computer part, too! 


Both of the elements for the crow rider are from a Halloween cut file. The crow had it's head the other way around, so I needed to use several shapes and cutting and cropping to get it the other way around. The fairy was easier as I just had to erase her other leg as she was a part of a bunch of running kids, going trick or treating. 

I used the stencil I made to make the background pieces for my page. You can see the number pattern also in the crow, just a hint of it. The chipboard stars I'm adding to the page as last are also done using the Cricut Maker, but I'm sharing more about those in a week!


One of the reasons I didn't add the computer part to the video is that you don't need the electronic cutter for the mixed media techniques. Instead of using a machine to cut the stencil, you can do it by hand, if you want a stencil of your, or then just use a stencil you already own. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Have a great weekend!


Materials: Cricut, PaperArtsy, Posca, Tim Holtz, Ranger






1 comment:

enkulin käsityöt said...

Kauniit värit ja kuviot

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...