30/03/2021

Art is good - Artful Academy


Swell Tuesday to you! Quite some time ago I made this post about a workshop I had at Artful Academy (link). During the next couple of days I'll blog the individual pieces for that workshop. Here's the first one. 

As you can see from the earlier post, the online workshop is about repeating pattern. Katy, the owner of Artful Academy, asked me to create a workshop based on an older project and while analyzing it, I came up with the conclusion that the effect it had was about the repeating pattern in the background. So for the workshop I created a triptych using different items to recreate that effect. I also talk about how to keep a triptych cohesive so they have something similar yet something different. You can see the workshop here (link) at Artful Academy.


This first piece I'm sharing is the most representational with the character on it. The other two are more abstract assemblages of sorts. I used my "go to" color palette of blues and greens in the projects but added some tea tones and gold in there as well. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you an inspiring day!


Materials: Prima Marketing


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...