20/01/2021

Stamp play, day 1 - Seth Apter Creative Team

 

Moikka! It's again the third week of the month and that means another set of posts for the Seth Apter Creative Team. As before, I'm starting today on Wednesday and continuing through Thursday to Friday. You can find Seth Apter's site here (link) and more about the Creative team here (link). I've included a list of products to the end of the post with links to Seth's own store.

This time I decided to tackle stamps. As I got so much lovely, enthusiastic feedback from the first series of posts with the art journal process, I followed that partially with this series, too. But this time the steps are a bit different. I start by sharing several easy ideas with stamps in this first video, hopefully inspiring you to go outside the box, and then built with those or onto those in the following video. The third day then shows the process of the finished page with the elements I've created in the course of the two earlier days.


In this first video I show some ideas how to use stamps to make collaging or layering material and one technique which is a ready embellishment. I create some patterned cardstock and tissue paper and stamp on top of transparency, too. Most of these techniques are more to do with trying to inspire with the materials and mediums than actual technique. Kind of, maybe, open your eyes to mediums and surfaces you might not have tried before.


I hope you were inspired! Tomorrow I'll then start working on the background for my page and also build layers for the transparency elements. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a lovely day!


Materials: 

Impression Obsession stamp sets:

Ranger: Archival Ink Jet Black, Hydrangea
Tsukineko: StazOn Jet Black, Mustard
water-soluble crayons
acrylic paints 
white cardstock
tissue paper
heat-resistant transparency

1 comment:

enkulin käsityöt said...

Upeita värejä. Tuo sininen ja pinkki ovat herkkuja yhdessä.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...