05/01/2021

Rusty ornaments - Finnabair Brand Ambassador


I think I write this every time I do a project for the Brand Ambassador spotlight, that the moment I read the theme I just knew I had to make a project! But this time - I mean honestly - “rust is a must”! You can see the original Brand Ambassador spotlight post here (link)

I’ve been on a rust/tea/old paper kind of color scheme for a while and although by the time I’m writing this I’ve actually started going on a more colorful direction already, rust is always such a nice color and texture combination. I mean it has to say something that even my mother-in-law brings me rusty nails she’s found in her summer cottage! 


Given the month of the theme – December – I made some decorations. I went with the kind of classic rusted nail, reddish color with these, but as there’s no sleighs or elves on them, they go year around. I combined the harsh, grungy look of the rust to soft and airy feel of the laces and ribbons. Kind of juxtaposing the metal with fabric, hard with soft. 

The bases for the ornaments are of light wood. I first painted them using “Flame” color from the Metallique paints. On top I then added the compositions, let the Heavy Body Gel dry and then started layering Rust Paste, Patina Paste, acrylic colors and in the end, waxes. It seems that when there’s mediums involved, I tend to go “more is more”. To give the ornaments a finishing touch, I added some wire, to which I threaded some “Ruby” glass beads, around the shapes. I twisted the ends together echoing barbed wire. 

Hopefully, you had wonderful Holiday times and all the best to the next year! Thank you for stopping by today!


Materials: 

Art Extravagance Rust Effect Paste set Metal Rust
Art Extravagance Patina Effect paste Brass 
Art Basics Heavy Body Gel 
Art Alchemy Liquid Acrylic Magenta 
Art Alchemy Liquid Acrylic Deep Turquoise 
Art Alchemy Metallique acrylic paint Flame 
Art Alchemy Metallique Wax Rich Copper 
Art Alchemy Metallique Wax Vintage Gold 
Art Alchemy Matte Wax Patina Blue 
Art Ingedients Glass Beads Ruby
Mechanicals Barn Stars 
Mechanicals Mini Stars 
Mechanicals Washers 1 
Mechanicals Machine Parts
Mechanicals Hardware Accents 
Art Basics Silicone Brush 1”


Materials: Prima Marketing, Sinelli, Paper Garden



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...