24/11/2020

Loving Thought - Julie Hickey Designs


It's Tuesday! Here's something I've been having ready for some time now and it's actually been in use already. So, while I show it here as a small canvas style project, it's made on top of a MDF coaster and I actually use it as my tea coaster when I'm doing computer work. Like right now, the tea cup beside me is on top of this coaster! 

The piece is done using acrylic paints and embossing powders. The lovely leaf design is a stamp by Julie Hickey Designs and it's called "Loving Thoughts". The technique I used is something I've picked up from one of Birgit Koopsen's videos, although she usually doesn't use embossing powders. I embossed the leaf design using white powder, made some splashes using golden one and then coated the whole thing with couple layers of clear powder - kind of giving it a resin coating.

Thank you for stopping by today! Have a great day!


Materials: Julie Hickey Design, WOW! Embossing Powder, Prima Marketing, Sinelli





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...