16/07/2020

Go Dutch! earrings - GDT Art by Marlene


Moikka again! Today I have a little more "Go Dutch" inspiration for you! Yesterday I shared a journal page, which I'm recreating this Sunday on a Facebook live, but today I have something smaller. It's a pair of earrings I did using the collection. 

The base of the earrings is thick cardboard - actually from a coaster. I cut the pieces using a Sizzix Bigz die (Fruit Shapes 663855) and then painted them yellow and red using just acrylic paints. The face is from one of the "Go Dutch" stamp sets and the tulips from the other. I stamped them on top of white cardstock, colored using brush tip markers and added whites with a Posca marker. Then I added the stamped images to chipboard shapes and coated the pieces using clear nail polish for more durability. 


These were so fun to make and they are super light! I'm not expecting them to last forever because of the base material, but I'm sure they will endure some use. I also find it funny, that after I had assembled the earrings they seemed to resemble matryoshka dolls! I was going for a "girl with a tulip dress" kind of look, but probably the shapes and colors then got me thinking matryoshka. I used to have one with yellow scarf and red dress when I was a child. And that's all fine! 

Thank you for stopping by today! Have a colorful Thursday! 


Materials: Studio Light, Prima Marketing, Ranger, Creativ Company, Sinelli, Posca




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...