01/06/2020

Windows to the soul - a YouTube hop


Moikka and happy Monday! About an hour ago a YouTube hop started with an array of artists taking part. The topic of the hop is "Touching the soul". We could interpret the theme anyway we wanted with any medium or any kind of project. The first thought that came to my head were eyes. 

There's a saying in Finnish that the eyes are windows to the soul. Or rather the Finnish version is actually mirrors of the soul, but still. So, eyes it were and that turned my idea to a portrait. I've been urging to do some drawing lately and this seemed like a perfect opportunity. I sketched the face to the page and then started adding colors on top.


I started with acrylic paints but used some oil pastels, acrylic markers and watercolor pencil as well. As you can see from the video, the page had the classic "ugly stage" but in the end it turned out OK. I finished the page with drawing as I consider myself more of a drawer than a painter.

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a joyful hop! You can start from my video below if you like! 


Materials: Prima Marketing, Posca, Pan Pastel, Studio Light








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...