05/10/2019

Boo! - you need to hop! - Wow Embossing Powder


Hello there and happy World Cardmaking Day! To celebrate the occasion, Wow Embossing Powder is throwing an Instagram hop. If you want to be in for the draw for a $20 gift card, please visit Wow's Intagram account (link), or mine (link) and join the hop!


Even though the theme of the hop is gift giving, as hand made cards are little gifts, I decided to prepare for an upcoming holiday and did a Halloween card. The inspiration came from the gorgeous metallic and shimmering Wow! powders and a fun creepy crawlie stamp from Gummiapan. 

Beetles have such beautiful, oily kind of effect on their harness, shining in all the colors of the rainbow so I wanted to mimic that using the embossing powders. I stamped the beetle to a piece of black cardstock and embossed him using different metallic and shiny powders. Then I took the Wow! freestyle tool and filled in the center body using it and double embossed different metallics there, too. 


Now that I had my center of attention done, I needed to add something to the background as well and bring in more of that Halloween feel. I chose a type letter styled stamp for the background and embossed the pattern using white. It kind of reminds me of cobweb this way. Then I created a scene of bottles and candles and even a crystal ball. The items are cut using a Sizzix die set and then embossed using same colors I had going in the beetle with two exceptions. For the dripping candles I used ultra high white embossing powder and for the crystal ball a sparkly pale "Wanderlust". 

Thank you for stopping by today! Hope you join the hop! Wishing you a spectacular weekend!


Materials used from WOW! Embossing Powders:



Materials: Wow! Embossing Powder, Gummiapan, Sizzix, Prima Marketing, Piatek Trzynastego


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...