14/10/2019

Beauty is Power - Paper Garden


Hi there and sweet new week! Today I'm sharing a tiny project I did for Paper Garden with you! Well, maybe it’s not tiny but not a huge canvas either. The inspiration came from a wooden frame I had in my stash and I wanted to decorate it so it could be used as a decoration or even a door hanging.


I like to work with a multitude of surfaces. I love how mixed media can be applied to cards, layouts or big altered pieces. It’s really wonderful to turn different found items into something new and try different sizes. I’m more drawn into small or medium pieces, but this summer I also experimented with huge canvases. They were a lot of work but variety is the spice of life! 

I really love the soft tones of the old papers and bills Paper Garden has in their stash. Those tea tones are really inspiring. I also love the metal embellishments available in the Finnabair line by Prima Marketing. To this project I combined the two but felt that the metals were too dark for the pale background I had going on. So, I coated the metal lotuses using pink wax. This way they match the color palette better. 

Like always, I recorded a video while working on the piece. Please see it below! Hope you like it! 

Thank you for stopping by today!


Materials from Paper Garden: 



Materials: Paper Garden, Prima Marketing







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...