28/08/2019

Art, hooray, art - 7 Dots Studio


Hello there! Today I'm sharing a layout I created for 7 Dots Studio. This time I went a bit crazy with the colors and chose blue and orange for the same page. I almost never use contrasting colors in a layout! But I quite like how the page turned out, it’s so fun, whimsical and happy.

The topic of the page is art, more over going to art museums. We have been taking our kids to all sorts of museums from an early age and now that Finland got something grand called “museokortti”, it’s even easier to pop to see what’s new. “Museokortti” or museum card is a card you get a free entry to several museums. You pay a yearly sum and in return you can visit 300 museums mostly without having to pay anything. The other thing is that we live in the capital and have several art museums and collections here. 


At first the girls didn’t have the attention span to stay for a long time to watch paintings. But now it’s such a pleasure to visit an exhibition with them as they share their opinions and are interested in how the project was made, what kind of texture it has and so forth. I also enjoy them taking photos of the pieces they like! 

As the topic was something fun and artsy, I wanted the page to reflect that kind of exuberance. I picked up colorful papers and a fun pattern of raindrops and went for it. I didn’t plan much ahead, something I rarely do otherwise either, but just let the project talk to me. In the end, I think I captured some kind of modern composition and joy to the page. If you want to see, how I made the layout, please see the video below! 


Thank you for your visit today! Have a splendid, artful day! 


Materials: 

Writer’s Block – 6x6 pad 
Writer’s Block – Numbers stencil
Homegrown – Clear Stamps 
Cotton Candy Dreams – Clear Stamps 
Hazy Days – Clear Stamps 


Materials: 7 Dots Studio, Ranger, American Crafts, Posca, Prima Marketing





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...