27/07/2019

Natural pendants - Mixed Up Creative


Hiya! You probably know that I'm a Mixed Up Creative Academy (MUCA) resident tutor, right? But do you know that MUCA releases new collections and workshops on monthly basis? The Masterclasses consist of eight to ten modules with different tutors and are more in depth about one topic or area of creation, where as the Themed Collections have a theme to which all the projects connect to. You can see all the collections and masterclasses I've contributed in the side bar, there on the left. 

These pendants or pieces of jewelry were created for a themed collection called "Natural Materials". As you probably can guess, the theme is including natural materials to your project. You can read more about the collection here (link)


My father is a carpenter and my grandfather was a carpenter, so I've inherited a love for wood. In a way it's a shame that I've always been surrounded by hand-made furniture, so it took me beyond teen years to really appreciate them. But today I'm really happy that we have several pieces of furniture done by my father and some made by my grandfather. And we've never bought a wooden cooking spoon - they've hand made out of juniper, like butter knives and smell the nicest. 

So when thinking of what to do, I steered right for the wood. The wooden buttons I used as my basis for the pendants don't come straight out of nature, though, but I also used a medium that's quite natural - charcoal. So it's like two types of wood in the pendants. 

If you wish to learn more, you need to enroll to the class! These pendants come as a step by step tutorial and there's four other step by steps and three videos in the collection! If you'd like to enroll, you can do it here (link)! If you want a taster first, you can try this inexpensive art journal mini collection (link) or even a free one (link) about tags!

Thank you for stopping by! Wishing you a splendid weekend! 


Materials: Sinelli, Sizzix, Posca, Prima Marketing, 7 Dots Studio






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...