13/07/2019

Enjoy - Prima Marketing


Hello there! How are you today? Today I share a little gift project with you! I made this for a blog post at Prima's blog. 

When I was thinking what to do this time, I realized that summer is the season of parties. At least here in Finland there’s not only the graduation and confirmation parties, but also great many weddings are held during summer months and if not anything else, there’s countless barbecue parties or picnics. So, I thought to make something you can use to take a gift to the hostess or as a present! I chose to decorate a box, because that’s something you can fill with anything and make it fit to any occasion. 


I started by adding some pieces of tissue paper to the cover of the box. Naturally you can cover the whole box as well, but just be careful not to collage the box shut. I also took the closing mechanism into account, when I added a velvet ribbon as the decoration to the edge of the lid. I adhered it only to three sides of the box, so that it wouldn’t hinder the hinges from working. 

I wanted the box to have a pearly, pale look. Like something fitting to a Rococo color palette. That’s why I chose to use “White Pearl” acrylic paint in my make but added a hint of color with the Opal Magic paints as well. If you want to the know how I decorated the box, please see the video! 


I also typed some tips connected to this project, but you can use those in other projects as well. They are after the materials list at the end of this post.

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a sweet day! 




Tip 1: When decorating a box to be given as a gift, think about the receiver. You can pick the colors she or he likes or add embellishments according to his or her hobbies, but also think about how the box will be opened and closed. If there’s a separate lid, make sure that you don’t end up decorating the bottom part too much or too high up so you can still get the lid in place. On the other hand, if there’s hinges or a closing mechanism, make sure those work after all the decorations! It’s easy to be carried away! 


Tip 2: If you want a sweet, pastel colors, paint the project white and then use older versions of Opal Magic paints on top. That way you get a great shine and just a hint of color here and there. If you on the other hand want more colors, choose the newer additions to the line or use Metalliques instead.


Tip 3: Looking for a hint of texture? Try adding Micro Beads as the last detail! As they come in a variety of colors, you can probably find a color that suits your project. Or then go with metallics as they fit any color scheme! 




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...