26/05/2019

Long dog mini - GDT AALL & Create


Hi and happy Sunday! Here's a little Leporello styled minibook I created as a guest designer to AALL & Create. I really had fun making it!

The moment I saw the long Dachshund stamp I thought about a Leporello styled minialbum or accordion book. I thought that the really long dog would look quite fun in a such. So from thoughts to action!


First I made the paper for the minibook. For that I used great many stencils, like #70 Diamond Life and #53 Florastella and created a patterned A4 by using my Gelliplate in gelliprinting. I mixed different colors and patterns on it and patterned both sides of the sheet for the book. Then I cut the paper in half and made the folds. 


As the focal point, going from the front to back I created a sticker of my own using adhesive backed paper and #168 Long Wishes. Both of the sides have the long dachshund on it and other side also the puzzled looking hound. I colored the dog using colored pencils. I also added some stamped background for the hound using #151 Layered Domino. 

But then came a bit of a problem as the colorful dog was lost in the colorful background even if there was a touch of black in there. Luckily the solution was easy - a bit of white gesso to back the dog and make him pop. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a great start to the new week! Don't forget the Facebook live on Tuesday!


Stamps and stencils from AALL & Create: 
#168 Long Wishes , #151 Layered Domino , #70 Diamond Life , #52 Quadrilaterals , #53 Florastella , #56 Barbary Stars , #59 Weathered Tiles , #48 Tribal Lines , #47 Circle of Life


Materials: AALL & Create, Gelliarts, Prima Marketing, Talens, Ranger





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...