20/04/2019

We are all connected - 7 Dots Studio


Happy Saturday! Today I share my monthly project for 7 Dots Studio with you! I made some cards for this post with yellow tones with thought of maybe using them to Easter greetings.

While we send out great many Christmas cards each year, no other holiday comes close to that. I used to send Valentines, Easter cards and so forth, but nowadays almost the only big patch of cards I send out are the Xmas greetings. But I still make cards to various occasions and if we happen to visit a friend clear the holiday, I shall pick one of those to take with us.


Yellow is the color for Easter for me. Each spring I also have an urge to get something yellow around me – like cushions, curtains, candles or something! I usually eye some yellow clothes, too, but have learned that even though I’m really drawn to them during spring time, I don’t use them as I stick to my regular wardrobe of black, black and black. 


I first created some mixed media flowers for these yellow cards using a die cut flower. I then treated the shape with different mediums like gesso, acrylic paint and embossing powders. I then layered some beautiful 7 Dots Studio papers from different collections to the back the flower up and added some mixed media touches in the background as well. If you want to see how I made the cards, please see the video I recorded while working with the cards! 

Thank you so much for stopping by today! Wishing you a pleasant Easter time!


Materials: 

Thoughts Keeper – Clear Stamps 
Paint Chips – Word Stickers 6x12


Materials: 7 Dots Studio, Prima Marketing, Wow Embossing Powder, Sizzix





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...