19/09/2018

Postal ATCs - GDT Paper Garden


Moikka! Today I'm sharing another guest project for Varalusikka / Paper Garden! In my first project I used just a touch of paper for the top of the doll (link), but this time the project is made entirely out of the lovely papers. I only added some mediums to add some layers in the makes. If you want to read more about Paper Garden (link) or Varalusikka (link), please visit their website! Or if you want to see the original guest post at their own blog, please click here (link)!


The inspiration to these cards came from the lovely postage stamps I had in the box. As a child I used to collect stamps and enjoyed soaking them loose from the envelopes. They are a thing of beauty! There’s usually so much detail in them, they are tiny works of art on their own. To give them a chance to shine in the project, I used them as the focal point. 

I layered some papers for the backgrounds of the cards using a wonderful medium called gel medium. It’s one of my must-haves. An adhesive beyond comparison! I also used watercolors and plain pencil in my cards. Both are also things I often use in my makes. A simple pencil is a versatile tool and watercolors are handy for many techniques. 

Like the first time, I also recorded a video for these cards. It’s a step by step styled, but I’m sure you’ll be able to follow the process! If you have any questions, I’m happy to answer them.


These cards will head out to Varalusikka shortly, but if you'll like to make an ATC swap with me, I have a bunch of cards waiting for a new home! Please just send me a mail with you address and I'll pop a card into the post for you!

Thank you for coming to my blog today! Ta ta for now! 


Materials used from Paper Garden:



Materials: Paper Garden, Prima Marketing


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...