29/05/2018

Good times - Prima Marketing



Hi there and great, sunny Tuesday! It's been so much sunnier and warmer here in Helsinki than usually at this time of the year. I can't complain as the amount of light is really lovely, but at the same time I'm a bit concerned if this is the manifestation of changing climate... 

But let's not ponder that, but think about happy things instead - like scrapbooking. This page is done for a Russian site (link) with the idea of scrapping around the world. The first stop was America, the birth place of the craft and Prima was chosen to represent this. Us designers were asked to do an American layout. As that's not my normal style, I naturally wanted to join the challenge and try out the style. I struggled a bit, but in the end I did create a layout about a superb experience.


When I think about American scrapbooking I think about white background with cut pieces of patterned paper, very little if all mediums and different embellishments clustered. As I’m a mixed media style scrapbooker, doing this page was a challenge for me. I just couldn’t do it without any mediums so I added a bit of watercolors in. I also made the paper layers smaller, closer to the picture than usually and used a white background instead of a patterned one like I usually do.

The collection I chose to my page from Prima is Havana - it has a perfect summer and candy wibe! I documented a dream come true with it – the sweet pastels are so dreamy! In the photo I’m demoing at Creativation at Prima’s stunning booth. I still can’t believe I was there and had the honor to demo there.

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a lot of good times!


Materials:

597696 – Havana 3x4 Journaling Cards 
597719 – Havana Chipboard 
597733 – Havana Decorative Tapes 
595562 – Zella Teal Rubber Shapes 
595555 – Zella Teal Puffy Stickers 
590253 – Watercolor Confections Pastel Dreams 
887753 – Watercolor Paper Pad 12x12 
593582 – My Prima Planner stickers Summer 
912345 – Julie Nutting Pens 
570453 – IOD Sugar Dots

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...