09/04/2017

The idea - 7 Dots Studio


Sweet Sunday! Today I share my first page of two I created for 7 Dots Studio this month. Thet are done using same papers and embellishments but with different styles. The other one is more modern while the other is more romantic. You can see both of the pages here (link) on the original post. And while browsing the 7 Dots Studio site, please see the DT call that was announced just last week (link) and naturally take a look of the new collections "Dreamscapes" (link) and "Hazy Days" (link) that are going to be released! 


I always try to link my two creations in the same post somehow, whether it being a theme, paper collection, colors or a certain detail. This time it was all about the paper. First I thought of using just same background paper, but while working with the two pages I came to the conclusion that using most of the same materials would be even better. 

This first page is done with a more modern, contemporary touch. I placed the background paper sideways that the color is changing from turquoise to soft peach in the direction of the arrow. To have a pop feeling to the page I used the speech bubble chippie, hexagon print and the letter stencil in the page. The layers behind the photo include some pieces of patterned papers as well as tags. To give the page some contrast, I chose to go with a dark, almost black, flair.


The topic of the page are fun pencils I bought at the local zoo. In their ends, where there’s the black bit, there’s seeds. So when the pencil is so short you can’t write with it anymore, you can plant it! I thought it was a brilliant idea! So I bought two – marigold and forget-me-not.

Thank you for your visit today! Have a great start to the new week! 


Materials from 7 Dots Studio:

Cotton Candy Dreams – Word Stickers 6x12
Writer’s Block – Letter Stencil 
Soulmate – Squares Mask 
Homegrown – Clear stamps 
Um Wow Studio – Writer’s Block – First Edition Flair 
Um Wow Studio – Cotton Candy Dreams – Pink Flowers Flair



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...