29/04/2017

Inspired by... Lollipop Box Club April Kit



This month the Inspired by was a bit different as we didn't have the product to do the project on the 10th. And when the products arrived, Marsha and me were headed to Paris. So instead of posting the project on the 10th we posted a "work in progress" type post.

But what is Inspired by? Every month awesome Marsha and I choose a subject to be inspired by. It can be for example an idea (link)a product (link)a person (link) or a book (link). Or anything! Then we make something inspired by that theme or a piece of art and share it with you and each other on the 10th of the month. You can browse the past "Inspired By" posts from here (link).

no-on-sale-web

As you can see from the post title, what we used for the inspiration source this month was a Lollipop Box Club kit. As the most recent one is April's kit, we wanted to use it. This kit was inspired by Forest Friends. Just look at them and the kit! Aren't the animals cute?! And the kit - so cute, too!

Are you already familiar with the Lollipop Box Club? It's a monthly kit blog with lovely themed kits. There's planner items, craft items, a DIY project and everything sweet in the box. I'm ordering the kit on monthly basis and every time opening it with my girls and then dividing the items between us three. They get most of the items and I keep just a small part of the kit.

You can see the previous kits here (link) and familiarize with the new, April's kit here (link). To know more about the club itself, please visit the website and the "Our Story" page there (link).


In the picture above is the almost the whole kit. There's a lot, don't you think? I say almost the whole as while editing the photo I needed to crop it quite tight and thus some of the items were cut off. But as you can see, there's paper, embellishments, personalized planner items and everything nice. 


I had several ideas but went with the one I had the strongest feeling. That was to make just cards but with a extra condition. I couldn't use anything else apart from adhesive and card bases. So no mediums, no colorants, just the kit. This would have caused me a problem if there wasn't for the packing material! Each time the kit is packed with several layers of colored tissue paper. As you may know, just adding water to the tissue paper creates a water color... so there was my medium!


Here they all are, my trio of cards! The backgrounds are done using the tissue paper and the pen in the kit. On top I layered patterned papers and pieces of the lovely little paper bags the different items in the kit were packed. Then there's the yarn or the twine, depending on the card. The yarn is from the DIY set and the twine was among the embellishments. Layers also include a piece of the toadstool patterned washi tape.

The focal points are layered stickers from the sticker sheet. I added also a couple of other stickers to embellish as well as paper clips. The texts are from the embellishment pouch.  


The kit also always holds a little gift. This time it was great magnetic bookmarks. I cut a little slot inside the card and put the bookmark through. I actually thought to use the cards as Mother's Day cards as both my mom and my mother in law like to read. The third one - don't know yet but I guess it finds it's home, too!


I really enjoyed working with the kit and the challenge I did for myself! And I also like how the cards turned out! Underneath you can see all of them individually, you can click the pictures larger.

  

There's some clusters in these cards so let's use that as an awkward transition to big news! I'm so happy and honored to tell you that I'm one of the guests in Janna Werner's new online workshop called "Crazy Clusters". Underneath you can read a little bit more from the workshop and also see a sneak of my project. 


"Add dimension to your layouts with clusters! Janna Werner reveals loads of tips and tricks for incorporating single, dual, and multiple focal point clusters into your projects in Crazy Clusters. Discover how to create balance, visual movement, and interest while also learning how to avoid a cluttered page. Then, join three talented guest designers for inspiration packed tutorials on creating different types of clusters: Xènia Barrull, Riikka Kovasin and Rebecca Luminarias." 

What you´ll learn during the workshop:
- What clusters are and why you want to incorporate them in all your projects
- Design rules and how to avoid cluttered pages when creating clusters
- How to create different single focal point cluster pages
- How to create dual and multiple focal points cluster projects
- Be inspired by three awesome international guest designers

The class starts May 1st 2017. Learn more and see the needed supplies here (link).



Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a lovely Saturday!



Materials (for the cards): Lollipop Box Club Kit 

1 comment:

chris said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...