23/12/2016

Happy (he)Art - Scrap FX


It has been an amazing year with a lot happening in my life. I've changed job, I've traveled to keep workshops and I've made new friends, met new wonderful people and had a marvelous time all together.

I want to take the opportunity to thank you all also for this year. With the changes happening in my personal life, I'm stepping down from the Scrap FX regular team and this project is one of the two in my last monthly post. I'm gonna share a couple of projects next year, too, so we won't be strangers right away, I hope.


This layout is celebrating the year. The photo is my workshop sample from the UK courses and the journaling is about how wonderful the year has been but also at the same time full of changes. Really looking forward to 2017!

I wanted to give the layout an atmosphere of days passed so I used a neutral color scheme and left most of the chipboard shapes untreated. I also used tea as a colorant while making the background.


I used a couple of stamps and a couple of stencils in the background. I stamped some diamond shapes and some gears to the background using same brown ink. The gears are stamped with "Cogs" and the diamonds with "Harlequin" stamp. With the "House and Home" stamp I used black ink.

The brushes are drawn using the "Paint Brushes" stencil to the right side of the photo cluster and the small dots or circles are done using the "Random Dots" stencil which is one of my all time favorites! It's so versatile!

The embellishments in the page mimic the vintage or industrial feel. There's three different gears or machine parts in the page - the "Clockface gears/steampunk"the "Art Deco Design" and also a couple of gears from the "Cogs, micro" set. On top of one of the gears is the year 2016 - one of many from the "2016 Year Pack" set. The title is made using one of the words from the "#Happy" set. As the paper collection I was using had a pen nib pattern, I also added a chippie pen nib in my page. It's from the "Sentiment Pen Nibs" set.

Wishing you a pleasant day and peaceful Holidays!


Materials from Scrap FX:



Materials: ScrapFX, 7 Dots Studio, Prima Marketing, A Flair for Buttons, Ranger


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...