05/12/2016

Be an epic - Scrap FX


Hello hello! Today I'm sharing with you a mini project - it's like a minialbum but also an ATC! Maybe small in size but it was so fun to make!

The inspiration for this project came from an ATC I got some time ago from Russia, from Andreeva. She exchanged a card with me and the card I got back was an ATCs but also a miniature notebook! I was so in awe and inspired! What an idea! Another source of inspiration was one of the 7 Dots Studio papers with this little card design on the other side. So I put one and one together and made this little booklet.

First I cut the individual cards out from the patterned paper and made them into a small minialbum. The mini is bigger than an ATC but the idea is the same. I did decorate the inner pages with some stamping and doodling as well, but the main focus is the cover. Part of the fun is that you can't open the book without destroying the cover design. That really intrigued me as well - something that wasn't on the ATC I received as I was able to take a peek inside without ruining the piece of art. I think I need to explore that route even more!

The cover is done using two stamps and three different chipboard shapes. The first layer is some stamped hearts with "Heart Spangles" stamp and gesso. On top of that is number 0 from the "Fancy Number Stamps" set - rest of the numbers are on the inside pages. "Snowflakes A" is the first chipboard layer and on top of that there's one star from the "Seeing Stars" set and also one of the pen nibs from "Art Pen Nibs". The snowflake is treated with some gesso, the nib with some ink and the star is embossed.

Thank you for stopping by today! Have a great start to December - let it be epic!


Products from Scrap FX:



Materials: Scrap FX, 7 Dots Studio, Wow Embossing Powder, Prima Marketing, Ranger

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...