31/07/2016

Animal silhouette cards - Scrap FX


Good Sunday evening! Today I'm sharing my other Scrap FX project with the new release. It's a set of cards. When I was looking at the silhouettes from the new collection, I could imagine them just like this - on a card with a monoprinted background. I made four cards using the silhouettes and making each one in a different color. There's the primaries and then green.

For the two above, on top of the post, with Nordic animals I used also script element on the background. The wolf also has a few pieces of white paper underneath the eyes and the nose so that the striking animal would be more visible. Otherwise the cards are all made up similarly - first making a monoprint piece of paper using Gelliplate and a number of different Scrap FX stencils and stamps and then layering the silhouette on top. Each of the cards also have a chipboard shape or two to finish the look.


Where as the Nordic animals were cold colors, these African ones are warm and vibrant. The giraffes got a red or orange background and the butterfly is mounted on yellow one. To keep the colors singing from the background I colored the chipboard shapes, I used to decorate the cards, black.

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a lovely start to the new week!


Materials from Scrap FX:




Materials: Scrap FX, Ranger, Sharpie, Prima Marketing, 7 Dots Studio

1 comment:

Kathy Bradley said...

Gorgeous cards, Riikka - I am loving the silhouettes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...