25/06/2016

Ps. I love you - 7 Dots Studio


Hyvää juhannusta! 

This layout I did for 7 Dots Studio somehow fits the atmosphere of Midsummer Night, in Finnish juhannus. Most of Finns head out to their summer cottages during this holiday and at least some of the cottages have geranium in their windows or garden. I know that at least we used to have those! Read the story from the bottom of the post. The photo in the layout is taken last summer in Luostarinmäki Handicrafts Museum (link).


I did the page with a video tutorial. It shows a trick how you can play with alcohol inks on top of a regular sheet of paper. If you use the alcohol inks straight to the paper, the outcome is muddy and not pretty looking as the inks are meant for a non-porous surface like plastic. But what you can do is add a layer of gesso underneath and you are ready to use the inks on top of scrapbooking paper as well.

In this page I used alcohol inks together with some mists. If you use moderate amount of mist and/or water, you can create a wonderful, almost ebru-like look. There’s a step-by-step tutorial for that (link) in my previous post if you want to see the effect with photos. 


This page is about the flowers shown in the photo – geranium. Every summer my grandparents would think what color geraniums they would buy for their balcony and also for our summer house. Usually they went with bright red, but there were some different pinks as well. Nowadays the flowers remind me of my grandmother who passed away when I wasn’t even in my teens. So while the flower in question is not to my liking, I love the memories and feelings it brings back. 

Thank you for your visit today!


PS. Some amazing news went live today at Prima blog - I'm in for another term in the fabulous team! Yay! Check out from the Prima blog the new team (there's still four ladies unannounced!) and also the new release sneak peeks! 


Materials from 7 Dots Studio:

Thoughts Keeper: 6x6 Pad 


Materials: 7 Dots Studio, Prima Marketing, Ranger

1 comment:

Kathy Bradley said...

Congratulations, Riikka - woo hoo!!!
And, beautiful page!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...